Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My adventure with Poison Ivy.

Warning...Nasty content ahead!!! Totally work safe though:)

So last Friday I went with my Biology professors to some woods south of town that VSU owns to clear some paths for an uncoming field trip for the rest of the class. After about an hour of manual labor with cutting vines and such...my teacher points out was poison ivy looks like! I was worried because I had touched all kinds of plants.

Well fast foward to Sunday. I started getting a little itchy. I though maybe I had been bit by some fleas since I groomed Jack on Saturday. Anyway... it turned out like this....

Here's my wrist Tuesday at about 5am in the morning:


Here's my wrist about 10 minutes ago.
And here's my left ankle. The worst of the bunch. It oozes 24/7. Sucks butt no doubt

Right ankle



Inner portion of my right elbow


Now mind you these are the worst. I have more small spots all over to include my forehead, nose, cheek, chin, beside my right eye, left ear, chest, upper left leg, all up and down my shins and randomly on my arms.
I finally gave in today and went to the Dr. He gave me 15 days of prednisone and some medicine to help me sleep. Also I got a waiver for 5 days not to have to wear boots at work and no outside work. When I did get to work tonight they let me go home out of sympathy!
But other than this...my health is fine and I promise it looks worse that it feels. I have to walk funny so my ankles don't bend but I'm in good spirits about it.
Live and learn!
Peace,
Jason



4 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my goodness Jason, That looks awful. It has to be hurting you not to mention the itching. Im glad you went to the DR. We will sure be praying for a quick recovery. Please let us know if there's anything we can do. We Love You.

Paul, Karen, and, Paula said...

Ewww Gross. Dad couldn't even look at the pictures. Of course, I did. Man that looks just awful and awful feeling! Hope you get over it soonest. We love you, Dad and Karen

Anonymous said...

Son, I am sooo sorry for all the pain you have suffered. I wish momma could take the pain for you. Glad you finally went to the doctor. I pray that you get relief real soon. I love you bunches and I will talk to you tomorrow. Hope you enjoy your night off with Leslie and the kids. Love you much!!!

Unknown said...

Eww! Hope it gets better soon!